QMA Board of Directors: JEAN-FRANÇOIS VERRET APPOINTED AS CHAIRMAN OF THE BOARD
Québec City, June 16, 2015 – Following its annual general meeting, the Québec Mining Association (QMA) is pleased to announce its new Board of Directors, which will be chaired by Jean-François Verret, succeed Christian Provencher, Chairman since June 2014, who will continue to serve as Vice-Chairman.
Jean-François Verret is employed at Raglan Mine, a Glencore company, since 2010, and is currently Director of Capital Projects and Exploration. He holds a Bachelor's degree in geological and mining engineering from Polytechnique Montréal. He also has several years’ experience in mining and geological engineering, continuous improvement, project management and business strategy.
Jean-François Verret has been a member of the QMA’s Board of Directors since 2013, and became Vice-Chairman in 2014. "I am proud to have this opportunity to chair the Board of Directors of a credible, proactive association that effectively represents its members' interests," says Mr. Verret. "I am fully aware of all the issues facing the QMA and I intend to ensure the progress of our responsible and committed industry."
Jean-François Verret will receive support in his new role from Christian Provencher and:
• Vanessa Laplante, Treasurer of the Board, Taxation Director at Canadian Malartic Partnership;
• Sébastien Villeneuve, Secretary of the Board, Manager at Graymont's Bedord plant;
• Claude Bélanger, General Manager at Glencore's Horne smelter;
• Olivier Berman, Production Superintendent at Seleine Mine - K+S Windsor Salt;
• Yan Côté, Director, Mine, Rio Tinto, Fer et Titane
• Dominique Dionne, Vice President, Global Institutional Relations, Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec;
• André Gaumond, Senior Vice President, Northern Development and Exploration Director at Redevances Aurifères Osisko;
• Luc Guimond, President, CMAC-Thyssen Mining Group;
• Hélène Lauzon, President, Conseil patronal de l’environnement du Québec;
• Benjamin Little, Senior Vice President - Corporate Affairs, HSS & People of IAMGOLD Corporation;
• Ghislain Poirier, Vice President, Public Affairs, Stornoway Diamond Corporation ;
• Michel Robitaille, Vice President, Engineering, Technology and Procurement at ArcelorMittal Mining Canada;
• Stéphane Ste-Croix, Vice President and General Manager, Niobec Inc.
"The Association has brought together a Board of Birectors of talented, experienced people with direct knowledge of the issues facing our industry. I am proud to work alongside them as we pursue our mission to proactively promote, support and develop a responsible, committed and innovative mining industry in Québec," concludes Josée Méthot, QMA's president and CEO.
About the Québec Mining Association
The Québec Mining Association (QMA) was founded in 1936 and speaks proactively for mining companies involved in extraction and processing, mining contractors and junior mining companies, along with suppliers, institutions, non-profit organizations and other mining sector partners. It is proud of the 45,000 high-quality jobs and $3.2 billion in investment generated by Québec’s mining industry over the last year. The QMA’s mission is to promote, support and play a role in the development of a responsible, committed and innovative mining industry in Québec.