BOARD OF DIRECTORS OF THE QUÉBEC MINING ASSOCIATION
Québec City, June 14, 2022 – Following its recent annual general meeting, the Québec Mining Association (QMA) is proud to announce the membership of its new board of directors, chaired by Vanessa Laplante, Tax and Montréal Office Director at the Canadian Malartic Partnership.
The board welcomes two new members: Sylvain Morissette, Interim General Manager and General Plant Process Superintendent at Hecla Québec’s Casa Berardi mine, and Jean-Simon Beaudry, Superintendent, Finance at Glencore’s Raglan mine. They replace the two outgoing directors, Stéphane Ste-Croix, formerly of IAMGOLD Corporation, and Jean-François Verret, Director of Projects, Geology and Exploration at Glencore’s Raglan mine. The QMA thanks them for their work on the board of directors.
The QMA is proud to have so many people of high quality and varied experience as members of its board of directors. Their skills will clearly help move the mining industry forwards as it faces new issues.
The members of the QMA’s Board of Directors are as follows:
Chair of the board of directors and treasurer:
• Vanessa Laplante, Tax and Montréal Office Director, Canadian Malartic Partnership
Vice-chair of the board of directors:
• Alexandre Belleau, Chief Operating Officer, Champion Iron Ore
Secretary of the board of directors:
• Jean-Baptiste Dromer, Mining Technical Director, Windsor Salt, Mines Seleine
• Jean-Simon Beaudry, Superintendent, Finance, Glencore’s Raglan mine
• Hélène Cartier, Vice President, Environment and Sustainable Development, Falco Resources
• Mapi Mobwano, President and CEO, ArcelorMittal Mining Canada G.P.
• Sylvain Morissette, Interim General Manager and General Plant Process Superintendent, Mine Casa Berardi, Hecla Québec
• John Mullally, Regional Vice President Sustainability and External Relations, Newmont, Éléonore (member of the executive committee)
• Daniel Paré, Vice President Québec, Agnico Eagle Mines
• Jean Quenneville, Director External Affairs – Québec, Rio Tinto
• Patrick Sévigny, Chief Operating Officer, Stornoway Diamonds Corporation
• Danny Tremblay, Commercial Director at Glencore’s Horne Smelter and Canadian Copper Refinery
• Guy Tremblay, Corporate Vice President, CMAC-Thyssen Mining Group
• Hélène Lauzon, President, Québec Business Council on the Environment
• Jean-Marc Lulin, President and CEO, Azimut Exploration
• Isabelle Verreault, Senior Vice President and General Manager, Quebec, Hill+Knowlton Strategies
“I am pleased to be starting the second year of my term with support from such talented and committed team of directors. Québec’s mining industry contributes actively to worldwide efforts to ensure sustainable development. I am proud to be one of a group of men and women working steadfastly to make Québec a model for mining in the rest of the world. The future looks promising, and I am sure that we will continue to innovate to ensure the long-term viability of mining in Québec.”
- Vanessa Laplante, Chair of the QMA’s Board of Directors
“The mining industry has played and will continue to play a key role in Québec’s energy transition. We face many challenges, but I am sure that we will overcome them convincingly. I am lucky to be able to rely on a board of directors that has in-depth knowledge of the QMA and the issues it faces. We will continue to represent the mining industry effectively to ensure that it makes a significant contribution to the development of the new green economy.”
- Josée Méthot, President and CEO of the QMA
About the Québec Mining Association
The Québec Mining Association (QMA) was founded in 1936 and speaks proactively for mining companies involved in exploration, extraction and processing, mining contractors and junior mining companies, along with suppliers, institutions, non-profit organizations and other mining sector partners. It is proud of the 48,187 jobs and total expenditure of $11.7 billion generated by Québec's mining industry in 2020. The QMA’s mission is to promote, support and proactively develop a responsible, committed and innovative mining industry in Québec.